FB II Compiler
Avoid errors handling resources
Here are a few rules to follow.
1) After FN pGreplaceRes, your resource handle is no longer valid. You must use GETRESOURCE to re-get the handle
2) Never dispose of a resource handle. (i.e. don't use DISPOSEH, DISPOSEHANDLE, KILLPICTURE, DISPOSEMENU, etc.)
3) Except in some very rare cases, you don't need to call RELEASERESOURCE.
4) If you detach a resource it is no longer a resource, but you still have a handle in memory to contend with.
5) If you have to lock a resource handle or make it unpurgeable, use these steps:
hState = FN HGETSTATE(resHndl&)
OSErr = FN HLOCK(resHndl&)
REM do your stuff here...
OSErr = FN HSETSTATE(resHndl&,hState)